Tied and True Tales shut down?

Links to other TUG and love-bondage sites.

Moderators: xtc, Jason Toddman, kidnapplz, Nuclearo, zanev

User avatarRope_guy
Kidnapped

Tied and True Tales shut down?

Postby Rope_guy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:43 am

One of the best free bondage sites, Tied and True Tales (http://www.tied-and-true-tales.com), is gone. The only thing I see is a message stating that the domain name expired on September 20. Tied and True Tales, run by an Aussie named Mason, whose involvement in bondage began with TUGs, had been on the web for several years. It had featured stories submitted by readers, photo galleries, and links to other love bondage sites. In its heyday, Tied and True Tales was a great website. However, in the past year or so, Mason had updated the site only occassionally, and must have decided to let the domain lease expire. It's a shame because it was a great site, and best of all, free.

User avatarNuclearo
Nuclear Cop

Re: Tied and True Tales shut down?

Postby Nuclearo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Or maybe it's possible that someone forgot to pay their bills, or the site moved to a different address. I don't think the site would be closed down on purpose without the owner at least announcing it beforehand (unless I missed the announcement too)
Join our irc channel!! http://chat.mibbit.com/#tugsnet It's fun!!

Fesselfan
Bondage Expert

Postby Fesselfan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:06 am

:-( some good stories were there, hope it isn't gone.
I specially liked the story where a guy ties up two of his female friends...in gym shorts (as you may have noticed, that's a special kink of mine).

Hope it gets back

Cheers

FF
There are 10 kind of people in the world.
Those who understand binary numeral system, and those who don't.

Fesselfan
Bondage Expert

Postby Fesselfan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 am

Well, I don't know why this particular site went down...maybe it's just that Masom moved to something different in life.

What I see, though, is that many sites (especially U.S. based) close down at the moment, for two main reasons:
1. banks don't do the billing and accounting for them anymore
2. Increased hostility towards everything "out of the norm", especially in sexuality.

Loads of sites went that way... and I can only hope new one will pop up to replace the gap they left.

Cheers

FF
There are 10 kind of people in the world.
Those who understand binary numeral system, and those who don't.

erikson
TUGs Member

Postby erikson » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Fesselfan wrote:Well, I don't know why this particular site went down...maybe it's just that Masom moved to something different in life.

What I see, though, is that many sites (especially U.S. based) close down at the moment, for two main reasons:
1. banks don't do the billing and accounting for them anymore
2. Increased hostility towards everything "out of the norm", especially in sexuality.

Loads of sites went that way... and I can only hope new one will pop up to replace the gap they left.

Cheers

FF

Mason is Australian so the political climate in the US would have no affect on him. I have been in touch with Brian Sands...who posted his stories to the site, and he says Mason's personal issues got in the way of him keeping up with the bills. He told me to check back with him to find out if the site comes back in some form or another. If I find out I'll post the news here-

joeseph
TUGs Member

Postby joeseph » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:03 pm

my guess is that she accidently let things go by the wayside with the website. It was posted that she would not be doing updates until further notice because of some major problems that she had in her life at the moment, and had even moved back with her family for support. A little while after the site went down. Hopefully she will be able to get a new site back up once she recovers, which may be a long time from now by the sounds of it. It is truly a tragic loss as there were so many good photos and stories there.

jb99
Kidnapped

Postby jb99 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:28 am

I've got quite a few of the stories stored locally on my PC. Obviously I won't redistribute them as they belong to other people, however in an emergency......

Automaton
Kidnapped

Postby Automaton » Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 pm

*Sigh* The site still isn't back up...we may just have to face facts. I don't think it's coming back : (

User avatarKP Presents
Master

Postby KP Presents » Wed May 27, 2009 7:26 am

Despair not - I have heard from Brian Sands on another board that he and Mason are looking to get a slimmed down version of the site back up and running soon...
Read stories of ordinary women in distress at http://www.kppresents.com

hvspcst
TUGs Member

Postby hvspcst » Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 am

Yay! Mason's site absolutely rocked!
I hope it'll come back, at least the stories part.

Automaton
Kidnapped

Postby Automaton » Wed May 27, 2009 12:06 pm

That's great! Did they give you any details?

swamidfs
TUGs Member

Postby swamidfs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 am

If I remember correctly, in one of the forums on brianspage.com there was a post that mason died a while back.

boundBinder
TUGs Member

Postby boundBinder » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:57 pm

swamidfs wrote:If I remember correctly, in one of the forums on brianspage.com there was a post that mason died a while back.

I would hate to hear that. I actually heard from him several months back.. The short version is, his new wife, Melai, screwed him over really bad, f**ked around on him with several guys, and just generally betrayed him. He took an extended vacation from everything to recover, and last I heard had taken up with a new woman who he told me was wonderful. He mentioned getting the site back up, but I haven't heard from him in ages, and lost his email address. There is next to no activity on his message board to speak of.

I do know that he confided in me that he was borderline-suicidal for a while. Egad, I HOPE that is not the case. He is a decent, caring guy.

User avatarlarossa
TUGs Member

Postby larossa » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Sorry for resurrecting a pretty old thread, but I am a newcomer to the web and to tie up games on the web.
Nothing is lost on the net, just go here and you'll find almost all of this wonderful website:
http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http:/ ... tales.com/

HTH
Laro

User avatarKP Presents
Master

Postby KP Presents » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:02 am

Ladies and Gents, I brign tidings of great joy - Gromet of Gromet's Plaza is resurrecting the site at http://www.tiedandtruetales.com/

Pay a visit and give Gromet due respect...
Read stories of ordinary women in distress at http://www.kppresents.com

User avatarjennybond
Bondage Expert

Postby jennybond » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 am

whoistheshadownow wrote:Ladies and Gents, I brign tidings of great joy - Gromet of Gromet's Plaza is resurrecting the site at http://www.tiedandtruetales.com/

Pay a visit and give Gromet due respect...

Cool I used to love that site
It only gets tighter if you struggle...

Postby lonewolfandfriends » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Just forgot to pay the URL bills I bet.
Requests accepted: 13
Requests finished: 8
Requests in progress: 3
Requests partly-written: 2

Return to TUGs links